Purchase low-cost trees to cool your home, shade schoolyards, and create more livable outdoor community spaces
Tree planting instructions, current availability, tree information for trees found in Tucson, and more
The Importance of Shade Trees
Planting and maintaining desert trees provides many benefits:
- Save as much as 20% in energy costs as the trees mature
- Increase the resale value of your property by as much as 15%
- Retain water and soil moisture and reduce the need for irrigation
- Prevent erosion and reduce runoff
- Provide habitat for native song birds and backyard pets
- Absorb and take up CO2 within the fiber of the tree
- Reduce CO2 emissions from coal-fired power plants by cooling human environments with shade and through evapotranspiration of the leaves
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Bring people together, both through the planting of trees and the gathering around and under them
- Expand your daily living area into shaded outdoor areas
- Add beauty to your surroundings
Get out and plant your Trees for Tucson today!
- Registered neighborhood associations, homeowner associations, community/neighborhood groups and nonprofits within the City of Tucson limits may submit proposals for neighborhood scale green infrastructure project grants (up to $45,000 per City Ward). Learn more and apply for this program today!
- TCB has raffle tickets available for the amazing 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, and other great prizes sponsored by Jim Click Automotive! $25 each or 5 for $100. Order online through the TCB store, or by mail (order form with check). Thank you for your support!
- ONGOING: Dedicate a commemorative tree at Pantano River Park for $225 each - a lasting way to recognize and remember friends and family! Info: (520) 837-6832
Street Tree Planting Event
Green Streets for Garden District Neighborhood Please join us for a Tree Planting Party! We'll be planting 60 new street trees in the Garden District Neighborhood thanks to a generous donation from Rotary Club of Tucson. Our arborists and tree...Read More