Purchase low-cost trees to cool your home, shade schoolyards, and create more livable outdoor community spaces
Tree planting instructions, current availability, tree information for trees found in Tucson, and more
The Power of Shade Trees
Planting and maintaining desert trees to shade your home provides many benefits:
- Save as much as 20% in energy costs as the trees mature
- Increase the resale value of your property by as much as 15%
- Retain water and soil moisture and reduce the need for irrigation
- Prevent erosion and reduce runoff
- Provide habitat for native song birds and backyard pets
- Absorb and take up CO2 within the fiber of the tree
- Reduce CO2 emissions from coal-fired power plants by cooling human environments with shade and through evapotranspiration of the leaves
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Bring people together, both through the planting of trees and the gathering around and under them
- Expand your daily living area into shaded outdoor areas
- Add beauty to your surroundings
Get out and plant your Trees for Tucson today!
- TCB's first-ever Green Madness raffle! $5/ticket enters you to win the grand prize: an autographed 2015-16 UA Men's Basketball! Buy 5 tickets and get a bonus entry, or 10 tickets and get 5 bonus entries! Buy tickets today! In addition to the grand prize, check out the growing list of prizes entrants may win. Thank you for supporting Tucson Clean & Beautiful!
- TCB January 2016 Newsletter now available! Want to automatically receive a copy by email? Subscribe today!
- ONGOING: Dedicate a commemorative tree at Pantano River Park for $225 each - a lasting way to recognize and remember friends and family! Info: (520) 837-6832
- The Buffel Busters Activity Booklet is now available, aligned with ADE 3rd-4th grade standards. See flyer for info. Email or call (520) 837-6836 to obtain booklets!