Here are some tips for organizing safe cleanups and becoming a successful project leader:
- Follow our general Adopt-a-Park project guidelines and additional safety guidelines for Adopt-a-Street or Adopt-a-Wash projects.
- Share additional safety recommendations regarding heat stress, rodents, snakes and insects with volunteers as appropriate to your site and project day conditions.
- Provide TCB with your group’s volunteer report after each project (online or printable/scannable).
Here are ways that Tucson Clean & Beautiful will assist you with your project:
- Cleanup supplies: TCB will provide trash bags for all projects and other cleanup supplies, such as gloves and litter grabbers, depending on availability. Advance notice is appreciated when requesting cleanup supplies.
- Bag pickup: TCB will arrange a pickup for collected litter if disposal options are not available near your adopted site.https://tucsoncleanandbeautiful.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=62&action=edit
- Maintenance issues: TCB will contact appropriate City and County departments for maintenance issues you observe at your adopted site.
Note: TCB only coordinates and supports cleanups taking place in public areas – not on privately-owned property. Other cleanup resources may also be available for groups and individuals in the community.
Tucson Clean & Beautiful also encourages groups to identify ways to help improve water quality and reduce stormwater runoff and associated erosion. Visit the Water Harvesting and Conservation directory page for additional contacts.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (520) 791-3109.