What Other Resources Are Available for Community Cleanup Projects?
For community projects not qualifying for assistance as an Adopt-a-Park & Public Areas site please check with these entities for additional resources that may apply:
- City of Tucson Planning and Development Services – Code Enforcement inspectors and programs assist with private property maintenance matters including inspection of vacant and neglected structures, illegal dumping, weeds, junk cars, improper roadside/utility pole signage and more. Call (520) 791-5843 for more information. For illegal dumping in progress, call 911 immediately.
- City of Tucson Environmental Services provides roll-off container rental and waste disposal, for private residential and commercial property cleanup efforts. Fees apply. Roll-off dumpsters also available to registered neighborhood associations and groups of neighborhood volunteers. Call (520) 791-3171 for assistance. Other waste hauling options are also available for city and county residents and businesses; see additional listings in the TCB Reduce-Reuse-Recycle Environmental Directory.
- City of Tucson Police Department assists with enforcement regarding junked or unlicensed cars parked along roadsides or easements, as well as neighborhood watch programs. Please call (520) 791-4444 for non-emergency reports.
- Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona coordinates a tool loan program for community volunteer projects. Call (520) 577-9393 to arrange additional tools for your upcoming project.
- Tucson-Pima Arts Council provides assistance with review of murals and other public art projects to beautify and improve neighborhood public areas and other community-sponsored projects. Call (520) 624-0595 for more info.
- Stray shopping carts within City of Tucson limits should be reported to (520) 791-3171 or via the MyWaste App for mobile devices.
- Arizona Cart Services provides pickup service for shopping carts for many retailers. Call toll-free, 1-800-THE-CART (1-800-843-2278) or report stray shopping carts to the nearest store.
Where Else Can My Group Volunteer in the Region?
Litter and beautification efforts are a regionwide issue and there are a variety of entities addressing this concern. Sites that are not listed with the Tucson Clean & Beautiful Adopt-a-Park & Public Areas program may be available through these programs:
- Arizona Department of Transportation Adopt-a-Highway, call (520) 388-4232
- City of South Tucson, call (520) 792-2424
- Median Green (Green Valley)
- Pima County Adopt-a-Roadway, call (520) 740-6410
- Southern Arizona Buffelgrass Coordination Center (invasive plant removal efforts), call (520) 626-8307
- Town of Marana Adopt-a-Roadway, Adopt-a-Wash and Neighborhood Cleanup, call (520) 382-2500
- Town of Oro Valley Adopt-a-Roadway and Adopt-a-Wash, call (520) 229-5070
- Town of Sahuarita Adopt-a-Roadway, call (520) 399-3339
For more information, call (520) 791-3109 or email email@example.com.