How to apply for Energy Efficiency Trees:
Order Trees Online! (secure payment by credit card accepted). First-time orders require new user registration. Already registered? You may log-in and order trees again in the future!
Or, download and print a home shade tree order form. You may also call Trees for Tucson, (520) 837-6835 to have a form mailed to you.
As a Tucson Electric Power residential customer, you are eligible to receive up to 3 trees for home energy efficiency each year! Choose from a selection of good shade trees that perform well with low maintenance, low to moderate water use, and cold hardiness to 20°F or less. (A brief description of the trees is included with the online and printed application.)
- Your home must be in the TEP service area (including parts of Catalina, Green Valley, Marana, Oro Valley, Sahuarita and Vail). Include your TEP account number.
- NOT A TEP Customer? Trees for Tucson also partners with Trico Electric Cooperative. Trico members may obtain low cost shade trees through Trico’s Tree Program page, or call (520) 744-2944, ext. 1605 for assistance.
- You must agree to plant trees within 15 feet on the east, west or south sides of the house. This program does not cover trees to be planted on the north side of the home.
- Submit request online, or mail form and $8.00/tree check/money order: Trees for Tucson, P.O. Box 27210, Tucson, AZ 85726
What to expect next:
- After receipt of your application we will deliver trees within several weeks (no longer than 6 to 8 weeks). Holes do not need to be dug prior to delivery, but to avoid trees staying in pots for an extended period this will also give you adequate time for any site preparations including removal of tree stumps, other plants, etc. To arrange for free utility location services (blue stake marking), dial 811 at least 72 hours prior to digging.
- Trees will be delivered directly to your home (you do not have to be home for delivery) or,
- Consider organizing with your neighbors to submit forms together and apply for a group delivery. We can deliver to a pre-arranged location for a group, provide a tree planting demonstration, loan you tools and refer you to volunteer urban foresters who can assist your group on planting day.
- Tucson Electric Power may inspect the location you plant your tree to verify information noted on your application.
For more information, call (520) 837-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.