Position Title: Executive Director (ED)
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Tucson Clean and Beautiful is dedicated to preserving and improving the environment, conserving natural resources, and enhancing the quality of life in the City of Tucson and Eastern Pima County.
Overview of Tucson Clean and Beautiful (TCB):
Tucson Clean and Beautiful is a partnership of municipal entities, business leaders, and individuals with a shared mission to improve the quality of life in the City of Tucson and Eastern Pima County by implementing community beautification programs and developing the next generation of stewards. We recognize the critical role citizens play in creating a welcoming and sustainable community and the vital influence they have on the future of Tucson and our region. Through our work, we seek to raise public awareness of the value of sustainable living and provide a wide range of environmental programs to involve youth and adults.
TCB leverages partnerships with the City of Tucson, Pima County, local business and education groups, and other local nonprofits to advance environmental stewardship programs that positively impact the community and region.
TCB is a nonprofit organization with four full-time employees, 2 part-time employees and an annual budget in excess of $500,000.
The ED will provide strategic leadership and vision to TCB in support of its mission, goals, and programs. This individual will embody TCB’s values and mission, and be the public representative to all its stakeholders. The successful candidate will deepen TCB’s impact as we enter our third decade of service, develop and strengthen partnerships with: municipal departments, City Council Wards, policy makers, education organizations, business leaders, neighborhood groups, and local, statewide and national businesses and funders. The ED will play a critical role in increasing sustainability and financial growth of the organization.
- Provide leadership for the organization’s continued growth and success, in alignment with its mission.
- Develop and execute ideas and initiatives for deepening the impact of our programs through expanding and developing partnerships and collaborations.
- Ensure that all programs are relevant and effective, and achieve strategic goals.
- Work closely with the Board to formulate and communicate goals and priorities that drive the organization toward sustained growth.
- Work closely with the Board committees to develop and execute strategic and operational plans.
Fund Development and Financial Stability
- Serve as the chief development officer and ensure TCB has the resources to fulfill its fundraising and financial goals, strategic plan objectives, and operations.
- Work with the Board to develop and implement a fund development plan that maximizes and diversifies the organization’s funding sources.
- Maintain and enhance a strong, diverse base of donor support.
- Ensure strong budgeting and forecasting systems.
- Oversee and manage the operating budget, financial statements, and reports to the Board and funders.
- Represent TCB in local and regional communities, and reach out to local nonprofits, business/corporations, and governmental partners.
- Represent TCB to its stakeholders including community members, donors, businesses, policy makers and advocacy groups.
- Build TCB visibility through social media, traditional media outlets, speaking engagements, and participation in local and regional environment-related activities.
- Serve as a key public spokesperson for TCB, develop and maintain a leadership position within the community.
- Ensure the needs of the community are reflected in program activities.
- Ensure all programs are aligned with TCB’s mission and are designed to meet strategic plan goals.
- Encourage collaboration and partnerships.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the needs and issues facing the City of Tucson, Eastern Pima County, and the region.
- Develop new programs as appropriate and as funding opportunities arise.
Management and Leadership
- Through inspired leadership, create a work culture that is mission-centric and values teamwork, effective communication, accountability, and outstanding service.
- Maintain and develop a talented and highly motivated Board of Directors and staff through open communication and respect.
- Work with the Board to identify and recruit strong Board members as needed.
- Provide ongoing guidance to ensure the strength and effectiveness of the Board.
- Continually develop and evaluate the communication channels between the Board, donors, stakeholders, and community.
- Undergraduate degree and seven years of related leadership experience.
- Proven fund development skills working with foundations and corporations/businesses.
- Demonstrated success creating a strong network of stakeholders and building effective partnerships.
- Knowledge of local environmental, community, and political issues.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Proven management and leadership abilities.
- Operational and financial management experience.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and nonprofit and/or environmental organizations.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- At least 5 years’ experience in upper management positions.
- Proven track record in grant writing and donor cultivation.
- Experience in developing a diverse and engaged Board of Directors.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000 DOE
Additional benefits include vacation leave, sick leave, retirement plan, and a health insurance contribution.
The initial contract will be for 1 year and will include a 6-month probationary period. After the initial contract has been successfully completed, future contracts may be renewed for up to 3 years at a time.
Please submit a letter expressing interest in the position that addresses each of the minimum qualifications listed, along with a resume and three professional references to TCBDirectors@tucsoncleanandbeautiful.org.
NOTE: By submitting an application, you are approving a background check