If you see someone actively, illegally dumping quantities of trash, please do not confront them. Remain a safe distance away and report using one of the resources listed below;
Arizona Litter Hotline offers a toll-free hotline, 1-877-3-LITTER (1-877-354-8837) to report those who litter from vehicles. The following information is needed to provide a valid and complete litter report:
- Item littered
- Location (address or nearest intersection, and city)
- Date and time of occurrence
- Vehicle make & model/description
- Vehicle license plate number and state
- You will be asked to give your name and mailing address, as verification of the littering report. All reports remain anonymous, and contact information is not shared with the litterbug.
- The registered owner of the vehicle will be sent a letter to inform them that litter was seen discarded from their vehicle and remind them that under state law, littering is illegal (see ARS 13-1603 and ARS 28-7056).
- City of Tucson Code Enforcement also addresses litter, dumping and weed-related issues within city limits through the Neighborhood Preservation Ordinance.
- Pima County also regulates aspects of waste disposal through the Department of Environmental Quality.
- 211 Arizona offers information and referral to community resources that can help with rental assistance, shelter, legal services, transportation, food, childcare, treatment services, and other needs. Dial 2-1-1 from any Arizona phone number or visit www.211arizona.org.