What Other Resources Are Available for Community Cleanup Projects?
For community projects not qualifying for assistance as an Adopt-a-Park & Public Areas site please check with these entities for additional resources that may apply:
- City of Tucson Housing and Community Development provides litter bags, rakes, shovels, and other supplies, along with roll-off dumpsters to registered neighborhood associations. The department’s inspectors and programs assist with private property maintenance matters including inspection of vacant and neglected structures, illegal dumping, weeds, junk cars, improper roadside/utility pole signage and more. Call (520) 791-4605 for more information. For illegal dumping in progress, call 911 immediately.
- City of Tucson Environmental Services provides roll-off container rental and waste disposal, for private residential and commercial property cleanup efforts. Fees apply. Other waste hauling options are also available for city and county residents and businesses; see additional listings in the TCB Reduce-Reuse-Recycle Environmental Directory.
- City of Tucson Police Department assists with enforcement regarding junked or unlicensed cars parked along roadsides or easements. Please call (520) 791-4444 for non-emergency reports.
- Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona coordinates a tool loan program for community volunteer projects. Call (520) 577-9393 to arrange additional tools for your upcoming project.
- Tucson-Pima Arts Council provides assistance with review of murals and other public art projects to beautify and improve neighborhood public areas and other community-sponsored projects. Call (520) 624-0595 for more info.
- Arizona Cart Services provides pickup service for shopping carts for many retailers. Call toll-free, 1-800-THE-CART (1-800-843-2278) or report stray shopping carts to the nearest store.
Where Else Can My Group Volunteer in the Region?
Litter and beautification efforts are a regionwide issue and there are a variety of entities addressing this concern. Sites that are not listed with the Tucson Clean & Beautiful Adopt-a-Park & Public Areas program may be available through these programs:
- Arizona Department of Transportation Adopt-a-Highway, call (520) 388-4232
- City of South Tucson, call (520) 792-2424
- Pima County Adopt-a-Roadway, call (520) 740-6410
- Southern Arizona Buffelgrass Coordination Center (invasive plant removal efforts), call (520) 626-8307
- Town of Marana Adopt-a-Roadway, Adopt-a-Wash and Neighborhood Cleanup, call (520) 382-2500
- Town of Oro Valley Adopt-a-Roadway and Adopt-a-Wash, call (520) 229-5070
- Town of Sahuarita Adopt-a-Roadway, call (520) 399-3339
For more information, call (520) 791-3109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.