Address the problem of litter in your community!
Adopt-a-Park & Public Areas is implemented as a model partnership between public and private sectors to address the problem of litter in our community.
How to Adopt a Site
- Be an active volunteer. Get a group together: at least 5 members from your neighborhood association, school, civic club, religious organization, work place or even among your friends.
- Pick an appropriate site for your group. There are a variety of sites available for volunteer groups to choose from. We are especially seeking assistance for gateway street thoroughfares. Let us know on your Interest Form (printable/emailable version, or online) if you need help selecting a site, or browse a list of available sites:
- Submit your Interest Form at least 3 to 4 weeks in advance of your preferred start date for projects. This will allow time for TCB to assist you in getting your site and group organized for a successful project.
- Select a group leader. Your leader is essential for a safe and positive experience, and for your group’s continued success at your adopted site. Group leaders complete a volunteer work form via printed form/email attachment or online after each clean up to help TCB keep track of the progress and maintain communication with other relevant government agencies.
- Be recognized as part of the solution in your community! After a 6-month evaluation period, TCB will recognize your group with a sign and a ceremony at your adopted site.
For more information, call (520) 791-3109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.